New Tenant Orientation: 12 Steps to Leasing Your New Home:
Thank you for choosing to work with Elegance Realty. Please review the below step-by-step guide.
We REQUIRE that ALL TENANTS take the time to review each of these steps, to determine if they match your needs.
STEP 1: General Rental Qualification Guidelines:
(Please be aware that these criteria vary often, depending on the owner or property manager of the property for which you choose to apply).
STEP 2: CUSTOMIZED PROPERTY MATCHES:
All Tenants will be required to fill out a New Tenant Questionnaire, and Two (2) weeks prior to your proposed Move-In Date, your Agent will begin sending you emailed lists of properties that fit your criteria and budget. If you are interested in viewing any properties, you must email, text, or call us as soon as possible to check availability and schedule a tour, as properties do lease very quickly.
We cannot send properties any sooner than 2-3 weeks prior to your move-in date because of the following reasons:
STEP 3: SCHEDULING HOME TOURS / Viewing Properties:
48 HOURS ADVANCE NOTICE REQUIRED PRIOR TO PROPERTY TOURS
• From experience, we have noticed that a great majority of properties in MLS that may still show an Active Status are actually already Leased or Pending/Reviewing other applications. In order to avoid driving to view these homes, then putting in applications, only to later discover that they are no longer on the market, we always contact every Listing Agent, tenant and/or owner, to ensure that the property is available.
• Many Agents are unavailable, so we require ample time to text, email, and call them to check availability. In addition, if you wish to have a weekend property tour, please inform us no later than Thursdays, particularly because many Agents and tenants are difficult to reach from Friday through Sunday.
• Many properties are OCCUPIED, and require a minimum of 24 hours courtesy notice to the existing tenant or owner.
• In addition, your agent will need time to strategically map out all the properties planned to view, to prevent driving back and forth across town, increasing expenses and time.
STEPS 4 & 5: APPLICATION TIPS:
Each property will have different methods by which to apply, including on the Agent or Property Manager's website, or a paper application. Your Agent will provide you instructions on applying for the home you've chosen.
Supporting Documentation: You will be provided instructions for submitting Pay Stubs, IDs, bank statements, and/or anything that is requested. You will be provided to send supporting documentation, OR via one of these methods:
• Many clients miss out on a house they love because of delays in submitting their application, supporting documents, and application fee. Time is of the essence in this Atlanta Rental Market, therefore, be aware that when your Agent encourages you to follow up or apply quickly, it is in your best interest, not to pressure you to lease quickly. We have experienced many clients who delay, then miss out on their favorite homes because they thought the home would be available even the next day, or over a weekend.
• Don't forget to place "Elegance Realty" and your Agent's name on any and all applications, in order to receive your Retainer Fee back.
STEP 6: SECURITY DEPOSIT:
Keep in mind that you will have to pay a Security Deposit usually equal to one month's rent. (This is being mentioned because some clients who traditionally lease apartments are not used to paying that much.)
NOTE: If you have any credit challenges, such as past evictions, charge-offs, collections, or excessive debt, bankruptcies, etc.) you may be asked to pay a security deposit of 1.5 times the rent, or even equivalent to 2 months.
This deposit is usually required to be delivered to the Broker representing the Landlord as soon as you are approved for the rental, in order to HOLD the property and take it off the market. Otherwise, if another Applicant applies and brings the Deposit before you do, they will often lease to the other Applicant, even if you were approved first.
If you do not have this amount immediately, please notify us ASAP.
STEP 7: RENTER'S INSURANCE:
Most landlords and property management companies will require that you obtain a renter's Insurance policy, and submit proof of coverage prior to moving in. These policies average $130/year and up.
If you would like to be connected with an Insurance Agent, to receive a quote, please send an email to: email@example.com
STEP 8: LEASE-SIGNING:
Leases are typically sent electronically (via email) for you to review, then to E-sign or DocuSign, in advance of your Move-In date, so you can address any questions or concerns. However, this is not always possible, based on how quickly the Listing Agent is able to complete it.
When done in person, either the Listing Agent, and/or your Elegance Realty Agent will be with you at the Lease Signing, to answer any questions you may have, if required.
STEP 9: WALK-THROUGH:
Prior to moving in, you may be able to do a walk-through to identify any issues or concerns, damages, or any areas needing cleaning or repair, by filling out the Move-In section of both pages of this Move-In/Move-Out Form: Page 1 | Page 2
STEP 10: FIRST MONTH'S RENT:
Some Property Owners often request that you pay 1st Month's Rent and Security Deposit simultaneously. Please be prepared to have both amounts by the time you are Approved for the lease. If you don't have this amount, please inform us IMMEDIATELY.
STEP 11: CONNECT UTILITIES:
You are responsible for calling the various utility companies to turn on your gas, electric, water, trash, cable, internet, or whichever is appropriate for your rental property. We make every effort to obtain the list of Utility Companies for your rental property from the Listing Agent or Property Owner; however, this information is not always available or provided to us.
• Alternatively, you may search on www.AllConnect.com, by inputting the property address. AllConnect is like a one-stop-shop for all your utility connections, and can also assist you in turning on your utilities and providing Bundle Deals.
• Some Management Companies will connect all utilities, and keep them in the company's name. When this is the case, you will be billed monthly for your utility costs.
STEP 12: CONGRATULATIONS! You are now ready to receive the keys and move into your new home.
Let us know if you have any questions or concerns with any of the above Policies or Procedures. Feel free to email or call our office at 678-757-5364.
To begin the process immediately, please return to the page that brought you here and proceed to Step 2.
Please Note: Prior to proceeding, some clients will be required to sign the Brokerage Agreement and paying the Retainer Fee,
We look forward to helping you find your next dream home!
Kemi Salako, Broker
Elegance Realty, LLC